Women Supporting Women
Creative Wellbeing Coach – Job Description
About Women Supporting Women project
In 2019 we will run 2 creative peer support groups for women experiencing complex mental health issues and illnesses that will support their wellbeing in Newport and Torfaen, funded by Mind (Women’s Mental Health Peer Support Group grant).
The project, which runs February 2019-January 2020, provides a programme of training and events to support participants to find a range of creative and holistic approaches to manage and alleviate any longterm mental health conditions, such as anxiety or depression.
We hope that as a result of this project more women will access peer support activities in Torfaen and Newport, and have an increase in their confidence to manage their own mental wellbeing; more women will feel less isolated, developing new relationships, friendships and confidence to share their experiences. In turn, this will support women to develop better communication skills. Through our public events we are making a public statement about the need for and efficacy of peer support models for women to manage their own mental wellbeing, and thereby we will challenge stigma at all levels of society.
Creative Wellbeing Coach
As part of this project we are looking for a part-time Creative Wellbeing Coach (8 hrs per week) who will co-ordinate the programme of activities and act as a liaison point between the peer support groups, community networks and Inside Out Cymru. This person must be available to attend the weekly sessions (currently Wednesday mornings in Newport and Thursday mornings in Penygarn, Torfaen).
Essential Experience & Qualities:
– Experience of working within the mental health / wellbeing sector;
– Excellent communication skills with both individuals, organisations and professionals and ability to develop partnerships;
– Interest in the arts and creativity as tools for improving wellbeing;
– Good self-management and time-management skills;
– Good administrative skills;
– Motivated and positive outlook;
– Knowledge and understanding of mental health issues and sensitivity to the needs of vulnerable individuals;
– Willingness to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends;
– Experience of working with volunteers;
– IT literate including the use of email, Skype, Word, Excel, Social Media, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp;
– The satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check;
– The ability to travel within the County Borough of Caerphilly.
– Experience of working within the creative and/or holistic sector;
– Experience of supporting individuals with long-term health needs;
The above list is an indication of the duties that will normally be expected of the post. However, it is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties that are within the scope of the post and portfolio.
The post will be offered as a 0.2 fte position (8 hrs/week) for 48 weeks @ £100 per day (£12.50 ph). Maximum contract value £4,800. It is offered as a Freelance position. Applicants should be self-employed and will be responsible for their own NI and Income Tax. Payments will be made on a monthly basis in arrears.
Location – It is anticipated that the Creative Wellbeing Coach will spend most of their time working from and supporting the weekly sessions. At other times they may need to attend training meetings and events. Administrative work can be completed from home.
Start date – as soon as possible.
To apply please send a CV and a letter of application (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining your interest and how your experience meets the person specification criteria. Email to:
Tracy Evans, Manager, Inside Out Cymru on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any further information please contact Tracy on 07588 871843.
Deadline: Friday 15th February
Interviews: Thursday 21st February